The plan - to make it an EPIC adventure weekend hanging with my wife and our good friends while enjoying the mountain countryside, eating good food and having a drink (or two....maybe three) for good spirits!
We definitely lucked out as the sun is shining and the skies are a clear blue, which is a rare treat here in the Pacific Northwest. Days like these remind of the good 'ol days when I resided down in San Diego.
Being a 'SoCal' guy, it was a major adjustment when I moved to the Pac NW over 10 years ago - rain, grey skies, cold weather....did I mention rain? Despite the climate, I must say the Pac NW has a beauty of it's own. And if you've never been here, you need to come and experience it for yourself.
Anyway, let's get back to the gist of this post. I know many people who live for the weekend. They work hard all week, putting their time in, punching the timeclock and waiting for the day to end. Once Friday comes along, the minute countdown to 5pm begins then it's time to let loose. My guess is that many people are stuck doing things they don't like or are fond of. They're stuck in a job they hate and are miserable.
So how do you fix this? How do you get out of rut, out of a deadend job and get out of the mindset of "just living for the weekends"?
Honestly, it's a lot easier than you think.
The most significiant thing that you MUST change is your mindset! That's right - GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!
If your goal is to climb the ladder in a linear progressive method, then you MUST change your mindset to one that is always in the state of always having "the glass half full". Instead of thinking we're in for a 70% chance of rain, how about we flip it and say we're in for a chance of 30% sunshine!
Hate your job? Then polish up your resume and start looking to change your profession. I know lots of people who have done just that in order to create happiness and a change for their personal benefit regardless of their age and/or where they are in life. If you require education or would like to go back to school to learn a skill or trade, do some research, talk to a school advisor/counselor or to your family and friends about weighing out your options. As they say, "where there's a will there's a way!"
Even if you like what you do but need to spice things up, nothing changes. You still take the same approach and change your mindset by getting creative, thinking outside the box and seeking ways to make your life, environment and surroundings/community better. I can guarantee that this will not only impact you personally, but also those people you surround yourself with.
I'm a firm believer that people's lives can always be improved from the things that others do and say. I'm speaking from personal experience. As a fitness trainer & strength coach, I'm always in the mindset of bringing my A-game all day, everyday. I'm always thinking positive and saying nothing but great things that can have the potential to turn someone's day around! I know for a fact that when people are having a sh*tty day, they turn to me for a "pick me up". Even if I'm having one of those days, I know that I have to shift my mind inversely. Plus, it just plain sucks being negative all the time. You accomlish very little and you're always in a bad mood!
Take this as an opportunity to start making everyday an EPIC adventure, starting with today! Just know that everyday is a GREAT day. Any day that you wake, breathe, move, talk, walk, laugh, see and read, it's a GREAT DAY!
It's also important to know that there are people out there in the world who have a lot less than you and I who are a lot happier.
Look around you and evaluate your conditions. Don't like it? Then change it! If it's something that need minor tweaking, then change that too.
Regardless, we must always be thankful for what we have and for the ability to always improve every aspect of our "Life, Health and Wellness".
We'll, I'm off to make this day an EPIC one.....just like I do all of my days!
Be humble and be grateful!