The goal is to achieve that sculpted look by Indpendence Day, that's right 4th Of July! That's only 5 weeks away. With a combination of a kick start plan, a solid workout and nutritional support program and a healthy dose of motivation - you could easily be 10-15 lbs leaner by then. Check it out:
- You need to create a caloric deficit - no two ways about it - you must burn more than you consume.
- The most effective way to create that deficit is to use a combination of diet and exercise.
- Your diet should consist of lean proteins, fruits and vegetables. Keep starches and refined carbs to a minimum. Keep your fluid intake high (water only), and try to eat at least 4-5 small meals per day. This will help maintain blood sugar levels and keep you from blowing your diet.
- Exercise - interval training and metabolic resistance training will provide the most bang-for-your buck. Steady state aerobic training just doesn't burn enough calories for your goals right now, and a bodypart training split will be less effective than total body training for fat loss.
- Try to exercise at least six days per week - three days of interval based cardio and three days of resistance training.
- Supplements: there is almost nothing that will make a difference. Sorry. Certain supplements can boost metabolism, or increase your energy somewhat and these may be useful - but in terms of real world "pounds of fat lost" I have yet to see anything that really made a difference. A multivitamin and a fish oil supplement are vital though - but more for your overall health. A protein shake or meal replacement powder can be useful for convenience but are nothing more than high quality food.