Here are some Nutrition tips to start with. Most of these are from John Berardi's website article - The 7 Rules of Good Nutrition.
1. Eat every 2-3 hours, which comes to about 6 meals per day.
2. Eat complete meals containing all the essential amino acids. Try and have lean protein with each meal.
3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal but try to avoid fruits in the evening due to the high natural sugars (fructose).
4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables, with the exception of pre & post-workout meals.
5. Ensure that 25%-35% of your energy intake comes from fat with equal quantity from saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. fish oil). Fish oil can very vital and is recommended to every one no matter what there goal is.
6. Drink no-calorie beverages, avoid all sodas and artificial juices. The best choices being water and green tea.
7. Eat whole foods (except pre and post-workout drinks).
8. Try to follow this routine at least 90% of the time which means you can have a cheat meal 10% time. On a basis of 6 meals per day, it comes to around 4 cheat meals per week. You can have what you want but still watch what you are eating.
9. Try to prepare each meal at home to avoid eating outside. Preparing your meals in advance is always helpful as this saves you time and money!
10. Start today!