Allow me to explain:
- If someone starts a fitness program and does the same thing everyday for the rest of their lives, they will not improve their fitness & conditioning. This leads to boredom!
- If a person isn't constantly challenging themselves, they will keep the same level of fitness they had when they first started. This leads to disappointment and confusion!
- Most people like to exercise within their “comfort zone”. Once they feel like they are pushing themselves a little bit, they begin to feel uncomfortable or feel that their workout is ‘too hard’. So they drop back into their comfort zone. This leads to a very dangerous place which falls directly in line with complacency. Being comfortable & complacent with your fitness & conditioning program will yield very little results in:
- Fat loss
- Strength & power
- Metabolic boost
- Caloric expenditure
- Weight management
- Mental & physical stimulation
- You MUST push yourself a little more if you want to get better. This leads to success and RESULTS!
Think back to school: 1st grade was tough, but 2nd grade was tougher. Each year the grades grew in increasing difficulty. If by some chance we kept our "comfort zone" at the 1st grade level, do you honestly think we would ever learn anything new?
Like our minds, our bodies need a challenge in order to grow. Don't be afraid to push yourself a little more or a lot harder. You'll not only get a better and great workout, but you'll look & feel better too!
So, what is it that you fear that is preventing you from taking your fitness & conditioning program take it to the next level?
I say "Screw Fear", suck it up, and get to work! No whining, no excuses!
BRING IT....ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!